NC Systems Reform
Passage deadline: November 2018
- Brentwood Community Council
- South Robertson Neighborhoods Council (modified version)
Refers to City Council file 18-0467
The _________ Council recommends that the Neighborhood Council reforms proposed by Councilmember Ryu (CF-18-0467) include the following:
- That the City Administrative Code be amended to revise the current definition of Neighborhood Council stakeholders (including removing the “community impact stakeholders”) as follows:
“Stakeholders shall be defined as those who live, work, or own real property within the Neighborhood Council boundaries. With the approval of the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment, Neighborhood Councils may—and are encouraged to—expand this definition within their bylaws to include other defined groups of stakeholders.”
- That in the interest of ensuring that local constituencies represented by Los Angeles Neighborhood Councils are heard, City Administrative Code (Section 22.819) be amended to require that seating be reserved at City departmental hearings, commission meetings, and Council meetings for members of Neighborhood and Community Councils.
- That provision be made for qualified Community Councils to be officially recognized as independent City community advisory bodies, and afforded the same courtesies, notice, and access provided to Neighborhood Councils.
SORO NC modified item 3 to read: “That provision be made for qualified Community Councils that do not overlap Neighborhood Council boundaries to be officially recognized as independent City community advisory bodies, and afforded the same courtesies, notice, and access provided to Neighborhood Councils.”