Opposition to the automatic renewal of the City’s bus shelter advertising 20-year contract with Decaux
Passage deadline: July 2018
- Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council
- Brentwood Community Council
- Pacific Palisades Community Council (modified version)
- Venice Neighborhood Council
- Westwood Neighborhood Council
The ______________ Council strongly opposes the automatic renewal of the City’s Bus Shelter/Advertising 20-year contract with AC Decaux. The Council further requests the City to withdraw the renegotiation of the sidewalk furniture contract with Decaux from the City Attorney’s office, and to allow a process of community input which can culminate in an open RFP, awarded based on parameters laid out by community impact and ridership needs. The City should solicit comments from the community about problems/issues, and then issue an open RFP that addresses these issues/problems to numerous advertising firms.