Community Plans Update Process — Requests to Planning
- Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council
- Brentwood Community Council
- Del Rey Neighborhood Council (modified version)
- Mar Vista Community Council (modified version)
- Pacific Palisades Community Council
- Palms Neighborhood Council (modified version)
- West LA-Sawtelle Neighborhood Council (modified version)
- Westside Neighborhood Council
- Westwood Community Council
Motion to support and include for official input to the Los Angeles Department of City Planning in reference to the WRAC Member Community Plan updates, a delay of 6 months due to COVID 19 and restrictions related to public access, meetings and participation and further request the following:
- An appropriate assessment of how the COVID 19 and future pandemics will impact current and future mobility, housing, design, environmental and health and safety needs and concerns.
- Current and future data projections relevant to the task of updating all WRAC member Community Plans.
- Incorporation of an additional step in the Community Plan update timeline that allows for presentation of the staff draft plan and an associated public comment period, or a second and revised concept plan phase. Allocation of time for staff to review public comments and incorporate changes to reflect input prior to issuing any NOP for the start of the environmental review process. It is improper to issue an NOP and conduct a DEIR for a draft plan that the community has had neither the chance to see or review.
- Thorough public outreach is a must and should include all stakeholders. The Planning Department has not allocated proper time or resources, and City Council must do so moving forward so that no stakeholders are left uninformed about the process.