Enforce Laws Prohibiting Blockage of Public Right of Way
- Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council
- Brentwood Community Council
- Mar Vista Community Council (modified version)
- Neighborhood Council of Westchester/Playa
- Pacific Palisades Community Council
- South Robertson Neighborhoods Council
- West LA-Sawtelle Neighborhood Council
- Westside Neighborhood Council (modified version)
- Westwood Neighborhood Council
The Westside Regional Alliance of Councils calls on the Los Angeles City Council and Mayor Eric Garcetti to direct the Los Angeles Police Department and the Department of Public Works’ Bureau of Engineering Street Services Division, as well as the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, and the Department of Veterans Affairs to direct the Veterans Affairs Police Department and other relevant law enforcement agencies to enforce all existing, enforceable laws prohibiting the blockage of the public right of way on the Westside of Los Angeles, including all applicable provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
See Motion Background (#3 on p. 2)
Note: The WRAC Board on 4/19/21 amended the motion as originally recommended by the WRAC HOC to include the following phrase: “and the Department of Public Works’ Bureau of Engineering Street Services Division, as well as the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, and the Department of Veterans Affairs to direct the Veterans Affairs Police Department.”
Contact Jay Handal (original HOC motion) and/or Steve Sann (amended motion language) with any questions.
MVCC: Modified version — 7/13/21 Agenda Motion (passed, per S. Shure)
SORONC motion passed 12/16/21 (after WRAC position letter sent)