Enforcement of Crimes In or Near Homeless Encampments
- Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council
- Brentwood Community Council
- Neighborhood Council of Westchester/Playa
- Pacific Palisades Community Council
- South Robertson Neighborhoods Council
- Venice Neighborhood Council (modified version)
- West LA-Sawtelle Neighborhood Council
- Westside Neighborhood Council
- Westwood Neighborhood Council
The Westside Regional Alliance of Councils calls on the Los Angeles City Council and Mayor Eric Garcetti to direct the Los Angeles Police Department and other relevant law enforcement agencies to enforce all existing, enforceable laws prohibiting the sale and distribution of illegal drugs, human trafficking, and other serious crimes taking place in or near homeless encampments on the Westside of Los Angeles.
See Background Information (#2 on p. 2).
Note: The WRAC board on 4/19/21 amended the motion as originally recommended by the WRAC HOC to revise the phrase “sale, distribution and use of illegal drugs” to “sale and distribution of illegal drugs.”
VNC modified version: Minutes 7/20/21 (Item 17B)
SORONC motion passed 12/16/21 (after WRAC position letter sent)