Oppose IKE (interactive kiosk) program (CF 22-1154)
- Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council (modified version)
- West LA-Sawtelle Neighborhood Council (modified version)
- Westside Neighborhood Council (modified version)
Refers to City Council file 22-1154
____ NC/CC opposes the IKE program as present in Council File 22-1154 for the following reasons:
- There is no local competitive bidding process.
- This project needs a financial analysis, as it is using public space to generate revenue.
- This project has negative environmental impacts and there is no environmental review (CEQA).
- This project creates visual pollution and takes away space on the sidewalk that could be used for trees.
- This project is a source of driver distraction, which is contrary to the City’s Vision Zero policy.
City Council Public Works Cmtee (PWC) requested further analysis/evaluation by the CAO: 11/9/22 PWC Clerk’s Report. Referred to Council Budget & Finance Cmtee (BFC); matter pending.