Oppose IKE (interactive kiosk) program (CF 22-1154)
Proposed by Chris Spitz and WRAC MTC (Barbara Broide) on November 21, 2022
Formally adopted by WRAC in January 2023 | Download the WRAC position letter
- Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council (modified version)
- Brentwood Community Council
- Mar Vista Community Council
- Neighborhood Council of Westchester/Playa
- Pacific Palisades Community Council (modified version)
- Venice Neighborhood Council
- West LA-Sawtelle Neighborhood Council (modified version)
- Westside Neighborhood Council (modified version)
- Westwood Community Council
- Westwood Neighborhood Council
Refers to City Council file 22-1154
____ NC/CC opposes the IKE program as present in Council File 22-1154 for the following reasons:
- There is no local competitive bidding process.
- This project needs a financial analysis, as it is using public space to generate revenue.
- This project has negative environmental impacts and there is no environmental review (CEQA).
- This project creates visual pollution and takes away space on the sidewalk that could be used for trees.
- This project is a source of driver distraction, which is contrary to the City’s Vision Zero policy.
Contact Barbara Broide with any questions
WNC CIS (11/10/22)
BABCNC CIS (11/29/22)
WLASNC CIS (12/10/22)
PPCC (motion passed 1/12/23, per WRAC Vice-Chair & PPCC rep Chris Spitz)
Motion passed after WRAC letter sent:
VNC CIS (3/21/23)
City Council Public Works Cmtee (PWC) requested further analysis/evaluation by the CAO: 11/9/22 PWC Clerk’s Report. Passed in Council Budget & Finance Cmtee (BFC) as amended, 4/10/23.