Oppose Use of Beaches, Beach Parking Lots and Public Parks to House the Unhoused
- Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council
- Brentwood Community Council (modified version)
- Mar Vista Community Council (modified version)
- Neighborhood Council of Westchester/Playa (modified version)
- Pacific Palisades Community Council (modified version)
Refers to City Council file 21-0350
In reference to Council File 21-0350, the Westside Regional Alliance of Councils (WRAC) strongly advises the members of the Los Angeles City Council and the Mayor that WRAC opposes using the beaches, beach parking lots, and public parks* for housing of the unhoused. Neighborhood or Community Councils where these sites are listed in the Council motion shall work in good faith to identify alternative sites within their boundaries.
* The parks are subject to approval of the stakeholders and Neighborhood Council in the area of the parks.
Note: The WRAC board on 4/19/21 amended the motion as originally recommended by the WRAC HOC to include the second sentence of the motion (“Neighborhood or Community Councils . . .”).