Request for planning data prior to start of Community Plan update
- Brentwood Community Council
- Mar Vista Community Council
- Westwood Community Council
The _____ Council requests the Planning Department provide all information (below), prior to commencing any work on the Community Plan Update process.
These data are prerequisite for meaningful asset-based grassroots planning input to any Community Plan, whether it is for the Westside’s first cycle (Palms-Mar Vista-Del Rey, Westchester-Playa del Rey, West Los Angeles Venice) or the second cycle (Westwood, Bel Air-Beverly Crest, Brentwood-Pacific Palisades):
- What is the current aggregate population in the Community Plan area?
- What is the projected population in the build-out year?
a. How is it calculated? Who calculates it? Is the U.S. Census used?
- What is the population capacity in the current zoning, including R zones and C zones with density bonuses (Transit Oriented Communities, Expo Station Transit Neighborhood Plan) and Accessory Dwelling Units?
- What is the population capacity in the proposed zoning, including R zones and C zones with density bonuses (TOC, Expo Station TNP) and ADUs?
- Capacity of jobs or count of jobs currently.
- Change in jobs as a result of proposed zoning, either by increase in C or M zones or reduction in jobs if C or M zones are decreased.