Requests for Consideration re CF 22-0158
- Del Rey Neighborhood Council
- Pacific Palisades Community Council (modified version)
- West LA-Sawtelle Neighborhood Council
- Westside Neighborhood Council
- Westwood Community Council
Refers to City Council file 22-0158
The Westside Regional Alliance of Councils requests the City Council and City Attorney, when drafting and considering the council file item CF 22-0158, take into account the below requests by the Westside Regional Alliance of Councils:
– Consideration of automatically including LAMC 41.18 protections on any location providing a homeless shelter and authorized pursuant to a declared shelter emergency.
– Consideration of mandatory CEQA compliance.
– Consideration of consequences of “Cutting red tape” by removing the public’s right to a transparent approval process including right to notification and the opportunity for public comment, including early notification to NCs and recognized CCs.
– Consider the differences and effects of allowing shelters in R1 zones as proposed versus the existing ordinances allowing them in R2 & R3 zones.
– Consideration of the effects of limiting shelters within a reasonable radius of sensitive sites such as parks, schools and daycares.