Support for CF 21-0929 (Buscaino/Koretz)
- Brentwood Community Council
- Mar Vista Community Council
- Neighborhood Council of Westchester/Playa
- Pacific Palisades Community Council
- South Robertson Neighborhoods Council
- Venice Neighborhood Council
- West LA-Sawtelle Neighborhood Council
- Westside Neighborhood Council
- Westwood Neighborhood Council
Refers to City Council file 21-0929
Regarding Council File 21-0929 (Buscaino/Koretz): [_____ NC/CC] supports the proposed resolution for the City Council to prohibit sitting, lying, sleeping, or storing, using, maintaining, or placing personal property, in or upon any street, sidewalk, or other public rights-of-way within a radius of 500 feet from all schools listed in Attachment A to the Council File; and further, upon adoption of the resolution, for the City Council to direct the Department of Transportation to post signs giving notice of the restrictions in the radius specified.
[_____ NC/CC] also requests that the definition of “radius” be clarified to specify a radius of 500 feet from the exterior boundary lines of the schools listed in Attachment A to the Council File.
Resolution referred to Council Public Works Committee 8/17/21 (Committee hearing pending). See WRAC Comment submitted to Council File.
Alternatively: City Council passed another motion for an ordinance amending LAMC 41.18 to ban camping in the PROW near all schools and daycare centers on 8/9/22; ordinance effective 9/18/22. See CF 20-1376-S1.